1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small text strings that a website can send during browsing to the user’s device (whether it’s a computer, notebook computer, smart phone, tablet, they are usually stored directly on the browser used for navigation). The same website that passes them can also read and record the cookies on your device to get information of various kinds.
2. How many types of cookies exist?
There are several types of cookies with different characteristics. Cookies are categorized as:
- Session Cookies which are deleted immediately when the browser closes (eg Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.);
- Persistent Cookies which remain on the device continue to work even after the browser closes but expire after a specified period of time;
- First-party Cookies created directly by the webmaster where the user browses;
- Third-party cookies created by parties other than the operator of the site used by the user (as a rule, results from a contract between the publisher and the third party).
3. The cookies we use
- Session Cookies to remember your actions and personal preferences.
- First-party cookies help you complete tasks without having to re-enter information when browsing from one page to another, or when you visit a site later.
- Third-party cookies to improve your experience with real time digital analytics and customization. We also use third-party cookies for online behavioral advertising and display relevant advertisements for something you’ve searched for in the past.
4. How to Control Cookies
You do not have to accept cookies and can opt out at any time, although you may not be able to use certain features on websites. You can do this by enabling the setting in your browser, which allows you to refuse the setting of all or a few cookies.
Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=en_US